Linen is a textile made from the fibres of the flax plant. It is commonly referred to as, "The healing fabric," or the "preferred fabric" for a healthy lifestyle and there are a few reasons to why that is.
In 2003 a Jewish doctor, Heidi Yellen, did a study on the frequencies of fabrics, in which she showed that a healthy human body has a signature frequency of 100, and wearing a material that measures less than 100 units of energy would compromise our wellbeing. Each fabric gives off a frequency that can be measured in mHz (megaHertZ).
A diseased person generally measures 15 mHz. Linen has a signature of 5000 mHz! That amazing naturally created feature of the fabrics will also give energy to your body as you wear it.
Other Benefits of Linen:
- Linen has a low environmental impact, for example, it requires very little water to grow, so farmers are not required to irrigate or fertilize during this process
- Flax typically does not require large quantities of pesticides, herbicides and fungicides
- Very little is wasted once the plant is harvested. Other parts of the plant can be used for other purposes, such as flax seeds for consumption
- Linen enjoys a long lifespan as it is highly durable
- Linen is one of the most launderable materials and quality linen improves with age, even after it is cleaned repeatedly
- Linen is fully biodegradable